Tips to Get the Best Results from Your Urgent Care Visit
Urgent cares provide prompt medical
attention and treatment for non-life-threatening injuries and illnesses, for
example, minor cuts, burns, sprains, rashes, flu, etc. In other words, it is
the care or treatment provided to outpatients in case of acute and/or chronic injuries
and illnesses that must be addressed within 24 hours. Hence, an urgent care provider
needs to possess a comprehensive knowledge base to offer such a broad array of
Seeking urgent care doesn’t mean you don’t
need your primary care physician. In fact, it is an additional option in case
your physician is unavailable or unable to schedule an appointment on time. An
urgent care clinic can save the day in case you are in immediate need of
medical help. Their goal is to provide the best care in a convenient and timely
manner. It is also a cheaper and faster alternative to hospital emergency rooms
that can cost quite a bit more for the treatment of injury or illness that is
Here are some tips that can help you get
the most out of your urgent care visit.
Know What Problems an Urgent Care Clinic
Urgent care clinics can only handle minor
injuries such as minor sports injuries, cuts, burns, fractures, animal bites,
etc., that only require stitches. Besides, they can also diagnose and provide
treatment for minor illnesses, for example, headaches, earaches, coughs, flu,
sore throats, minor breathing problems, and high fevers.
These clinics are unable to handle serious
or life-threatening medical conditions. Therefore, in an absolute emergency, it
is recommended to go to an emergency room. Visiting an urgent care center will
only lead to delayed treatment because they will most likely refer the patient
to an ER.
Have Enough Time for Your Visit
Urgent care clinics generally provide care
to patients on a first-come, first-served basis. According to this, your urgent
care appointment may take around one hour or less. However, many times, you may
also need to wait a little longer, for instance, if previous patients’ treatment
takes more time than usual. You may call your care provider to check on waiting
times, but your estimated wait time may change by the time you reach
Thus, it would be best to stay calm instead
of being anxious if it takes more time. Also, confirm the clinic’s hours before
visiting because they might be unable to attend you if you reach there moments
before their closing time.
Make Sure You Take Your Insurance Card
MedPRO contracted urgent care clinics typically
accept most healthcare insurances, including Medicare and Medicaid. And you
will need your insurance card to claim for your treatment.
In some cases, you may have a copay for the
costs of urgent care at the time of service. Copays for urgent care are
generally a little more than the copay for your regular doctor’s fee but less
than an ER visit.
Don’t Hesitate to Talk about Your Medical
If you have visited the clinic before, they
will have some information on your medical history. Otherwise, be ready to
answer some basic but necessary questions the doctor will ask to safely
diagnose your problem and appropriately provide treatment.
Do not hesitate to talk about any chronic
conditions, allergies you might have suffered with, any medications you take,
such as supplements, vitamins, prescription drugs, or over-the-counter
medicines. If the doctor prescribes you medicines, make sure you take them on
time as per the doctor’s advice.
Know if There’s a need for a Follow-up
Once you are done with the treatment and
are about to leave the clinic, check if you need a follow-up visit. In some
cases, if your symptoms don’t get better, return, or worsen, you must follow
up. Sometimes, you may need to visit again to complete the provided treatment;
for example, your doctor can recall you to remove sutures once the cut heals
Look for this information on your discharge
instructions sheet in case you forget to ask.
Keep Your Primary Care Physician in the
Even if you know you are not going to see
your primary care doctor, it is advised to call them and inform them about your
visit to an urgent care clinic. This is helpful as they can note it in your
chart (if you are already taking some medicines), and this will ensure your
medical record gets updated.
It will be even better if you ask for a
hard copy of the records about your urgent care visit; they can help you with
this by either giving the documents to you or sending them directly to your
In this segment, we have discussed almost
all essential points you need to consider when needing urgent care. Urgent care
clinics and centers are convenient and affordable to receive urgent treatment for
minor and non-life threatening conditions. Now you might figure out when to choose
urgent care for your medical need and understand what these facilities can and
cannot treat so that you can make a timely decision about where to go for
Your family doctor might be your first choice, but when they cannot give you an appointment for a minor or acute problem, you can count on an urgent care clinic that offers the same level of medical care. However, if you still experience difficulty scheduling an appointment or couldn’t find a doctor, get the best and reliable medical providers at CVMedPro. Feel free to call us at (877) 216-4215 or local: 559.450.6334 or visit our website – www.cvmedpro.com.
- 5 Simple Exercises to Keep Your Heart Healthy & Happy
- What Vitamins and Minerals do Adults Need?
- How to Keep Your Body Active While Working Remotely
- Five Heart Healthy Foods that should be Consumed in Limited Quantities
- Early Symptoms of Liver Problems that You Shouldn't Avoid
- Immunity Enhancing Foods for a Healthy Life
- Hypertension FAQs: Answers to Your High Blood Pressure Questions
- Effective Ways to Achieve Weight Loss While Staying at Home
- Handling Alzheimer’s Disease Effectively - Early Signs and Precautions
- Learn How to Control Blood Sugar with the Right Diet Plan
- Skin Cancer: Types, Symptoms, & Treatments Explained
- What Is a Primary Care Physician, and Why Do You Need One?
- The Importance of Nutrition and Dietetics for a Healthy Lifestyle
- Know About Foods That Can Help Prevent Diabetes
- Easy-to-do Breathing Exercises to Calm Your Mind and Anxiety
- This Heart Health Month, Know How to Keep Your Heart Strong & Healthy
- Everything You Need to Know About Depression
- Energy Boosting Foods: Fight Cancer, Slow Aging, And Boost Energy
- Tips to Boost Immunity and Stay Healthy During the Winter Season
- Causes of Sleeplessness and Ways to Sleep Well Amid A Pandemic
- Social Isolation in Elderly: Here’ How COVID-19 is Affecting our Aging Adults!
- Breast Cancer- Cause, Prevention, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Cure!
- Why Medicare Open Enrollment Is So Important
- Tips to Stay Safe and Healthy This Flu Season
- Meditation Walk! Learn about its Benefits, Ways of Practice, and More!
- Panic Attacks! Causes, Symptoms, and Treatments Explained!
- Stressed and Overwhelmed? Here might be the Reasons for You to Feel Crisis Fatigue!
- Want to Protect Your Skin this Summer? Here’s How!
- What are the Advantages of Telemedicine?
- 6 Things You Should Know when Visiting a Doctor's Office during a Pandemic!
- How to Follow a Healthy Diet While Sheltering in Place?
- How to Ensure Physical & Mental Health amidst the COVID-19 Lockdown?
- Staying Protected against COVID-19 amidst Essential Errands!
- How to Protect Yourself amidst the COVID-19 Outbreak?
- Seasonal Allergies – What You Need to Know
- Coronavirus- What is it, How it Spreads, and What Preventative Measures could be Taken?
- Fall Risk in Seniors
- Urgent Care Vs. Emergent Care
- Seniors and Exercise